The National Theatre of Scotland’s headquarters Rockvilla is an engine room for Scottish Theatre.
How to find Rockvilla
National Theatre of Scotland
125 Craighall Road
Rockvilla is located next to Speirs Wharf on the Forth and Clyde Canal in North-East Glasgow, approximately 25 minutes walk or a 15 minute cycle from Glasgow city centre. The nearest subway station to Rockvilla is Cowcaddens.
- Upon exiting Cowcaddens subway station turn left towards Garscube Road.
- With the Dundasvale Court flats to your right, walk under the motorway underpass until you reach a short staircase on your right.
- Climb the stairs or use the ramp beside them, then continue on the right hand path until you reach a longer staircase on your left.
- Climb to the top until you reach the canal.
- Keeping to the left bank of the canal (opposite the Speirs Wharf residential block) walk along the canalside towpath towards the first pedestrian bridge.
- Cross the bridge, turn left and you will see Rockvilla straight ahead.
Named Rockvilla in recognition of the industrial and social heritage of the area surrounding Speirs Wharf in Glasgow, the building is a hub for supporting and developing talent and a place where people of all ages and abilities can learn and create. It is a place of imagination, learning and play. The National Theatre of Scotland’s first purpose-built facility is a driver for the regeneration of North Glasgow and a major new asset for the cultural life of the nation as a whole.
Rockvilla is all this and more. It will help us to build on the extraordinary creative energy unleashed over the National Theatre of Scotland’s first ten years, enable us to nurture the talent of future generations, and enrich the lives of all the communities we serve.