Please read the following guidelines before submitting your play:
- We will only read scripts by writers who are based in Scotland.
- We will only read plays that have not previously been professionally produced.
- Scripts can be submitted in English, Scots or Scottish Gaelic. For Gaelic plays, we would be grateful if you could fill in the submission form in English and tick the relevant box to indicate that your script is written in Gaelic, so that we can process it more swiftly.
- We are only able to accept plays written for the stage. We are also unable to accept extracts or incomplete drafts of plays.
- Once we have accepted and are reading your script, please do not submit any further scripts until you have received our response.
- We cannot accept any play we have previously read, regardless of redevelopment or changes.
- After submitting your play, you will be redirected to Survey Monkey to answer some questions which help us monitor who is engaging with us in order that we can ensure we are connecting with as diverse a range of writers as possible. Please note that this information is anonymised and will NOT be available to anyone reading your script.
- All plays sent to us are automatically acknowledged but if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org