give someone the chance to experience theatre for the first time
At National Theatre of Scotland, we believe everyone should get the chance to experience the magic of theatre; awe-inspiring sets and staging, the dizzying emotional highs, the unique shared connection that only live performance can bring...
That belief is central to First Nights: our year-round programme offering people from underserved communities the opportunity to take part in theatre for the first time – or the first time in a long time – in a safe, hosted environment, at venues across the country.
What your support can help us do
|Donate £12.50||Donate £25||Donate £50||Donate £100|
|Enable someone’s first theatre experience by covering the cost of a ticket||Donate the cost of a full First Nights experience (transport, food, activities etc.)||Donate the cost of a full First Nights experience for a group of two.||Donate the cost of a full First Nights experience for a group of four.|
Or please donate however much you wish below
Every bit of support will help bring theatre to life for people across Scotland. Thank you so much for helping us remove the barriers to first time theatre experiences.
First Nights participants are offered:
- A free ticket for a National Theatre of Scotland production at their local venue
- A group host to welcome them to the theatre and guide their experience
- A tour of the venue, including backstage access
- An opportunity to meet cast and creative team members
- A moment to gather socially as a group for a drink, snack or chat
- Transport costs if necessary
- Care provision for those with caring responsibilities
- An invitation to return to the venue for the next National Theatre of Scotland production
- Ongoing opportunities to engage with their local venue