- Why are you running an open call?
We are always keen to find new talent, and would like to cast the net as wide as possible for these two roles. We are keen to hear both from established performers and those with less experience but lots of talent.
- What age do I have to be to apply?
Performers must be 18 years or older on 15 November 2021.
- How does it work?
We are asking for video auditions for this first stage of the process, and then a shortlist of performers will be invited back for a group audition in person. Full details are here.
- Who will watch my video audition?
Submissions will be watched by the show’s director, Cora Bissett, and by members of the production team including the Assistant Director, Producer and the National Theatre of Scotland’s Casting Director.
- Will I receive feedback on my audition?
Due to the anticipated high number of applications, it is sadly not possible to guarantee feedback on every submission.
- What will happen at the in-person audition if I am selected?
We will hold in person auditions at our rehearsal studio in Glasgow in early August 2021 for a shortlist of candidates. There will be some further singing, more acting work and we will work through some choreography in small groups.
- What dates do I need to be available?
If successful, the performers will need to be available for the following dates:
15 - 20 November 2021 (development workshop – 3 days)
14 February – 30 April 2022 (rehearsals and tour – FULL TIME)
- I'm a femme-presenting non-binary performer, can I still apply?
Yes! All female-identifying and femme presenting performers are welcome, regardless of the gender assigned at birth.
- Are applications from disabled performers accepted?
Yes! We would welcome applications from disabled performers and can work with candidates to facilitate their access needs. Please contact us for more information.
- I don’t have any formal training in performance, can I apply?
Yes! We are looking for talented performers of all experience and skill levels.
- I don’t understand how to apply / I have more questions...
Read our full application pack, and if you are still unsure please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help.