We have now selected our members for this year's brand new National Teachers Theatre Club (NTTC), an exciting partnership with Imaginateand Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society. Where Teachers Theatre Club (TTC) is open to teachers within Edinburgh and Lothians, NTTC opens that opportunity up to teachers across the rest of Scotland.
All teachers, in both clubs, will have the opportunity to:
- see more performances (live and online)
- develop their critical thinking skills
- become more confident in discussing theatre and dance performance with each other and with their learners
- inspire their classes to do the same
TTC and NTTC members will have access to post-show discussions with the companies and creatives behind the work, as well as some of Scotland's key industry professionals including artists, designers, programmers, critics and production staff. These discussions will enable participants to feel more confident about discussing live performance and sharing opinions, both as individuals and as teachers.
The group will also discuss how the shows could enhance and inform teaching practice by:
- bringing a class to see a theatre or dance performance
- incorporating aspects of the discussion into their teaching practice
- developing creative activities and tasks around the themes of a performance
- free tickets for all performance
- the chance to learn through facilitated Q&A sessions with the professionals who made and/or programmed the performances for more in-depth understanding about the performing arts sector and the creation process
- sessions counting towards staff CLPL requirements
- increased confidence in engaging with live performing arts
- a new network of arts professionals, festivals and organisations.
Members of National Teachers’ Theatre Club (NTTC), a partnership between Imaginate, the Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society and National Theatre of Scotland will be offered the chance to see performances through the three partner organisations:
- A series of National Theatre of Scotland productions, either in person at touring venues near you or online, between April and December 2022.
- Imaginate will offer opportunities to see a programme of digital performances, and a Festival on Tour performance if the venue suits, as part of Edinburgh International Children’s Festival in spring 2022. Where teachers are willing to travel to Edinburgh, tickets will be offered for in-person performances at the Children’s Festival.
- The Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society will offer the chance to see performances either online or in person at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in August 2022, and a Fringe show on tour in late 2022 if the venue suits.