Want us to help you develop a project?
Want us to consider a project for production?
Information about all projects and production pitches are shared with the Director of Artistic Development - Caroline, Dramaturg – Rosie, Director of Creative Engagement - Paul and Artistic Director – Jackie as well as our Artist Development team, and discussed at a monthly New Approaches meeting.
We aim to respond to all requests within 2 months, but please bear with us if the volume of approaches and timing of meetings sometimes means we take longer to respond.
What criteria do we use to assess idea/production submissions?
In the first instance your approach will be considered based on:
- our excitement about and the originality of your idea
- your experience, as relevant to your play or idea
- who your idea is for / the audiences you want it to connect with
- whether the project fits with our current strategic priorities
- the volume of work we already have in development that will deliver against each priority
- available resource and development/producing timescale
Please note, work we already have in development will largely make up our programme for the next 2 years, so we are only able to consider projects for programmes 2+ years ahead.
If we feel we are able to support you or your project, we will connect you with the person best placed to move your request forward. If we are unable to support you/your idea we will contact you and tell you why.