FAQ – Unknown Cloud
Unknown Cloud is a free immersive app experience coming to Dundee rep as part of the Citizen of Nowhere Festival in November 2018. In this help sheet you’ll find everything you need to know to enjoy it.
What time does it start?
The experience will begin promptly at 9:04pm so we advise attendees to arrive approximately 15 mins before (8.45pm) or longer if you anticipate technical problems.
Due to the nature of the event, latecomers and those who have not downloaded the app in advance won’t be able to take part in the experience.
How long is the experience?
The experience will last approx. 35 minutes
Where does it take place?
Outside Dundee Rep
What do I need to bring?
All you need to experience this exciting immersive event is:
- Your smartphone (make sure it has enough charge to last the entire event)
- Suitable clothing for the weather (the experience is outside)
- A pair of headphones.
Your phone will need at least 250mb of free space for this event, in order to download the associated app. It is best to disable any autolock features on your phone to avoid exiting the app accidentally.
What do I need to do?
Before the performance you have booked you will need to perform the following actions:
1) Download the app ‘Unknown Cloud Caretaker’ for free here before the experience
2) When prompted by a dialogue box, give the app permission to use your location services. You may have to manually enter your privacy settings in order to do this.
3) Tap ‘Enter’ when prompted (a total of twice). The app will then launch a holding screen which means you are ready! Close the App for now.
4) On the day of the event, arrive in plenty of time, we will regret that we will not be able to accommodate latecomers. Ten minutes before the start of the event, open the app and put on your headphones. It is very important that you do not close the app.
5) Wait for the experience to begin at 9:04pm exactly.
If you have any further questions or problems accessing the app, please do not hesitate to ask staff who will be on site to help.
If you anticipate problems, make sure you arrive ahead of the start time to resolve them with our staff before the experience begins.
Please note that the app is still in development and therefore we cannot guarantee a seamless user experience.
For any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org